SAMPLE COLLECTION AND FIXING
- Collect water as described here using a clean and thoroughly rinsed container.
- Fill and cap the glass sample bottle ensuring that no air bubbles are trapped inside.
- If using a LUMCON-style sampler, immediately cap the glass bottle located inside the sampler.
- If using an open top sampler, such as a bucket, hold the glass bottle underwater until all air is removed then cap while the bottle is still submerged.
- Put on gloves and safety glasses before proceeding to the next steps. Your procedure will vary with the type of oxygen kit available.
Important steps to remember: